HERE WE GO!!!

Do you like English? Do you have problems with English? Do you like music, cinema or tv series? Are you interested in the Champions League, the Premier League or the NBA? Do you enjoy playing with vocabulary games? Would you like to know how people live in other parts of the world? Do you like reading or writing in English?

Here, there's place for everyone.

Friday 5 October 2012

2nd ESO: CELIA'S INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE IN GREAT BRITAIN


Our schoolmate Celia (this year in 4th ESO) spent three weeks in Great Britain. She stayed in Cambridge and visited London and Stratford. Her classmates prepared questions for this interview and she tells us about her experience. Read it carefully and do the activities at the end.


Did you enjoy in Cambridge?
        Yes, I did. Of course. It was an incredible experience

What was the weather like?
        The weather was irregular. The two first weeks it was raining. The last week it was sunny.

Which places did you visit?
        I visited Cambridge because I lived in Cambridge. I visited Stratford, Oxford and London too.

Did you like London and their monuments? Which is your favourite building?
        Yes I did. Of course, I love London. London is very beautiful and very big too. My favorite buildings in London are The Big Ben, The Buckinham Palace and Piccadilly Circus. But The Big Ben is the most beautiful and impressive.

Have you got a photo with the Big Ben?
        Yes, I have. Lots of photos.



Have you been comfortable in Cambridge? What about the family?
        Yes, I have. I was comfortble. It was very nice. My host family were nice and loving, always very aware of us. They had a son, his name is Hugo. Hugo was playful.

Which do you prefer Cambridge or London?
        I prefer London because it's very beautiful. But I prefer Cambridge because is quieter. There is also a lot of people and is very beautiful too.

Have you met a lot of people? And many people from other parts of the world?
        Yes, I have. I met a boy from Kuwait, two boys from Israel, two girls from Albania, a boy from Turkey and a lot of Chinese people.

Have you seen and met any famous person?
        Yes I have. We met Marvelis in Barajas.

Have you been in the Olympic Games? Did you see any competition?
        Not exactly. I was outside the Olympic Stadium and I listened to One Direction.

Did you like the food? Which was the most typical English food?

        More or less. English food is very spicy. The most typical English food is fish and chips.

Have you been shopping?

        Yes, I have. Of course. I have been shopping in some famous shops.

Have you learnt more English?
        Yes I have. I speak English faster, more easily and I have learnt more vocabulary. But I still need to learn more.

What's the best and the worst of your experience?
        The best experience was when I saw The Big Ben. It was really impressive. The worst experience was when we went to eat to an Italian restaurant, we ordered chips and the man didn't understand us. Finally, we realized he was Spanish.

Would you like to repeat?
        Yes, I'd like to reapeat the next year or any other year.

Celia made this video with her favourite photos:

  ACTIVITIES FOR 2nd ESO:

(Write a comment with your answers)

1.- Celia stayed in Cambridge. Where is exactly Cambridge? in the north, in  the middle or in the south, in the west or in the east? Look for Cambridge in this map (click here) and tell us. Is London far from Cambridge?

2.- Celia says the Big Ben is impressive. Do you know what's the Big Ben? Read in this link (click here) and tell us what is exactly the Big Ben.


3.- Tell us in Spanish what happened to Celia and her friends in the Italian restaurant.









No comments: